Geeks Are Big Eye Tuna!?

be2shirts2.jpg

Critter Tees is a line of t-shirts for fisherman and fishophiles. They sure do love wordplay: Bob Marlin? Salmon’ Be Jammin’? I’m no pro angler, but I’m partial to their “big eye tuna on campus…” tee. A pocket-protector-toting fish? In horn-rimmed glasses? …that are, of course, taped at the bridge. Sign me up.

Accessories that would make this tuna even more stereotypical? How bout an archaic copy of Basic Programming?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Geeks Are Big Eye Tuna!?

1. mellowknees says:

awesome tee shirt design, but their email address doesn’t work. :(

my freshman year in college I stupidly ended up in trouble with the law and after the first court date, my father, who had recently come back from a fishing trip bought me a tshirt that said; “the trout, the whole trout, and nothing but the trout … So help me cod” – a testament to his ability to laugh at my misfortune.

“Big Eye Tuna”?

I don’t get it.

4. nanuq says:

There’s something about this that seems kind of fishy.

This reminds me of the mysterious trout in a trenchcoat in Sam Kieth’s comic “Ojo”.

Not to make obscure references or anything.

6. jetfx says:

This is kind of ironic for me, as some of my first encounters with nerd culture were from the the Japanese fish merchants who came to my little village to buy the Blue Fin tuna we caught, which were then sold at the Tokyo fish market.

7. jetfx says:

Dammit. That anonymous comment about Japanese fish merchants was me.

8. Ben says:

You can calibrate a whoosiwhatsit, but you can’t calibrate a fish.

HA! I’M TOTALLY HILARIOUS!