Photojojo camera straps from seat belts

seatbelt_jojo.jpg

They may be a little too hip for their own good, but Photojojo’s “Seat Belt Camera Strap” ($20 for 1; $35 for 2; plus shipping) are a hell of a lot more attractive than the garish brand-aids that come with cameras by default.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Photojojo camera straps from seat belts

This is the company that makes the straps, they have about a million and a half more options from their own web shop it seems.

2. David Carroll says:

I use an RS-4 strap from these guys:

I love the way the strap uses the tripod socket.
    The camera sits just above my my hip, and I can protect it with my arm. It is especially good if you use longer lenses.

You can also easily make your own strap of this design too…

3. error404 says:

On ebay you can buy several meters of this strapping for very little. Most haberdashers carry the appropriate buckles.

Also the strapping is made to have a silky finish to avoid chafing.

It also machine sews very very well for that exact reason.

It is a joy to work with.

4. ZoopyFunk says:

Ummm….totally effing awesome. I hope to get one for my new D400.

Hey crumple crap and rapid strap employees-Get your spam off the site. Any time someone mentions camera on any site, you guys are there with your ads with the same text. Come on, is it necessary. Use the delete button on yourselves.

Considering I keep a Digital SLR and zoom lens strapped around my neck nearly every weekend, I would HATE to have one of these. I cringe thinking of those buckles getting caught in my hair and the tough belt cloth rubbing against my neck. It just looks PAINFUL.

If you want a nice looking and comfy neck strap for a camera, try your local camera shop, or check out Crumpler’s straps: http://www.crumplerbags.com/Lite/English/Products/Industry-Disgrace-ID03A.html

Either way, when it comes to a neck strap, I’d pick ugly over comfort any day. You hook something that doesn’t feel awesome to your camera and you’re likely not to use it, and then what happens?

7. piperpower says:

This is really great. Love the recycled seatbelt colors. Superman strong camera strap to hold up my new Nikon. Went to the photojo site. Thanks for getting souldier to make them. I like the price- 2 for $35. I want Burgundy and Teal:)

Hey, Thanks to the link to http://www.souldier.us I’ve seen these in Central Camera with fabric on and didn’t know they made plain recycled seatbelt straps. They have the original unused fabrics from the 60′s and also make guitar straps for Fender and Gibson museums and straps for Neil Young and Pearl Jam etc. I saw Wilco wearing one of their straps on Saturday Night Live. Must be good stuff. I just ordered a custom camera strap with the Jimmy Page stained glass pattern and ordered my hubby the matching guitar strap that Jimmy used in Led Zeppelin. This is going to be the best Father’s Day present for him.

9. kerry says:

These sound even less comfortable than the crap my camera came with. I prefer the Crumpler Industry Disgrace:

Possibly the best $30 I ever spent on camera equipment.

10. Stefan Jones says:

I’ve been making equipment straps from nylon dog leashes bought at the Dollar Tree. They have reflective strips and interesting patterns and are far less clunky and thick than seatbelts:

My old Pontiac had similar cloth seatbelts and I thought it was very comfortable against skin. But Anon2′s suggested strap does look really comfy.

I have that exact camera sitting in my bedroom. it’s just a little dirtier as I bought it for $5 and it’s waiting to be converted to a digital camera. I really wish I had that Q-Light. Especially since it continues the racing stripe.