Tonight @ Baker Boulevard Geographic Society: How To homebrew beer

Above, Patrick and Don of the Baker Boulevard Geographic Society generate a wall of noise from found objects connected to contact mics, a portable record player, and a signal generator. (Video shot and edited by Justin.)

Not pictured: Me drinking way more than anyone else and then basically passing out right after everyone left.

We’ll be meeting again this evening at 8PM, where I will attempt to brew my first batch of homebrew in about two years, whereby others may learn from my mistakes.

PreviouslyTomorrow Night in Eugene: The inaugural assembly of the Baker Boulevard Geographic Society (Includes a map.)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Tonight @ Baker Boulevard Geographic Society: How To homebrew beer

1. devophill says:

Looks like fun. I wish I had a garage conducive to that sort of thing…

I brewed my first batch 5 weeks ago, an Irish Red. Goodness it is so tasty. I have a trappist style ale in secondary right now, and looking forward to starting another batch to keep the pipeline going. If you’ve never tried this, do. You’ll be surprised by how easy it is and just how good the beer can be.

I am two seconds away from making an excuse just to drive out there for a couple of nights.

4. Dean says:

Homebrew beer! Wooooooo!

I made some for a high school biology project. It was ten gallons of festering water. I should try again….

Argh, had to work last night and missed the meeting! Hope the brewin’ went well. Its lotsa fun, I haven’t done it in ages. Hope to see you next time, keep us posted privately as to what if any craft supplies are required..,
    – Patrick (“you filmed that????”)

6. Thaddeus Smith says:

best of luck! I brewed my first batch back in Novembe; a nut brown ale kit ..oh so tasty. I’m waiting to get my kegorator built before brewing anymore batches as I fubar’d the bottle conditioning by moving to the fridge too early. impatient much. flavor was great, but most of it was flatter than my first girlfriend.