Heavens to Betsy, Casual Profanity‘s liquid sculpture is captivating. And oh my goodness, I bet you could weave this into someone’s hair. (The excellent video and music work helps, too.) [via Waxy]

Update: The music is Ratatat’s “Imperials” from LP3 — Steven

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments, sculpture. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Casual Profanity’s “Fluid Structure” from plastic tubing like a thrumming cephalopodic circulatory system

1. jjasper says:

Bravo! Now, how about a macro structure one can stand inside, and possibly some fluorescent dye?

2. devophill says:

Fuck! That’s fuckin’ awesome, that is.

Hi all,
    Thank you for the comments and thanks for posting this Joel.

I used a diaphragm pump for that and, you are right, it is happy moving air or water. Also, I’m all in for the fluorescent dye, I’ll post a video of it soon but I think I’ll need some help with the macro structure.

I’m working on other implementations of this to show at the Maker Faire in SF in May; be sure to stop by my booth.

thanks

I’m a welder and would be happy to consult on a macro structure, just leave a message here or google hierroglyphic and leave a message there. Fantastic piece!

very bloody lovely :-)

I would like to see details of the pump they used, it seems to be just as happy pumping round air as it is liquid, which is used to great effect here

you could weave it into hair, but I think it would make for a really cool hat

it’s a nifty knitter! who knew such beauty could be created with a nifty knitter?!

7. KurtMac says:

Yes! Now I can have a Blood Hat to go along with my Blood Scarf: http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2006/11/blood_scarf.html

8. General Specific says:

Really, really fantastic. I second the macro structure request, though I imagine being on the inside would make me very dizzy.

9. hpfan41 says:

this is amazing! the fluorescent would be awesome, same thing with the hair they could do some like european fashion show where everything is made like this, i’d go just to see what they could come up with. this was truely an amazing feat of imagination i can’t wait for more of your ideas