Cute puffball speakers that you can’t buy until I learn to read Chinese

puffyspeakers.jpg

Kristin sent us a link to these puffy speakers which will probably be available from a crapvendor at some point in the future, but for now exist on what appears to be a Chinese-language blog. I’m posting them here just because I think they make that Shuffle look like a pretty little flower.

Update: Or a Shuffle infected by Cordyceps dipterigena.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Cute puffball speakers that you can’t buy until I learn to read Chinese

1. fistula spume says:

These look fun. Not sure if useful or not. Reminds me of the felt figurines that were on TokyoMango last month. http://www.tokyomango.com/tokyo_mango/2009/03/felt-ipod-speakers-shaped-like-kokeshi.html

2. Michiel says:

He also says 5 hours is probably enough. Personally, I don’t think I could listen to a speaker like that for 5 hours..

3. TJ S says:

I want the black one for my 1st-gen Zune. I’m pretty sure that if I paint the white portion black, it would make the whole setup decidedly evil-looking. Maybe even get two puff-balls attached to a headphone splitter.

4. TJ S says:

(Poorly) translated.

Looks like the thing has a battery inside. Not sure from the translation weather the battery simply amplifies the speaker, or can also charge things like the shuffle or cellphones. I’m guessing it just powers the speaker.

Nearly all of the comments on the blog are supposedly US/UK distributors, asking for info. Maybe this means we’ll actually see it here?

5. strider_mt2k says:

Beep!

6. Trnck says:

The only thing the page says:
    It uses 7 watts of power, and each charge is good to go for 5 hours.

That shuffle is getting some moloko, yo.

8. Sam Jelfs says:

More info on them here…

… Including a Buy Now button… there is also an english page on the same site (here) but for some reason only the Japanese site has a buy link…

Still… £28 plus shipping for it…