Tantra chair, for people who love sex

tantra chair.jpg

If you love sex but can’t find the perfect furniture to do it on, get the Tantra Chair. The web site has a very graphic, NSFW guide on different positions you can try on it. It’s $1199, but the things you’ll experience on it are priceless.

Product page

About Lisa Katayama

I'm a contributing editor here at Boing Boing. I also have a blog (TokyoMango), a book (Urawaza), and I freelance for Wired, Make, the NY Times Magazine, PRI's Studio360, etc. I'm @tokyomango on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Furniture and Lighting, Sex and Relationships. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Tantra chair, for people who love sex

repost see #1

2. Garr says:

Damn, UMGREG02 beat me to it…

Gotta look elsewhere for a chance to smartass. Funny though what things stick to your memory ;)

3. Patrick Paulse says:

I LOVE TO HAVE A TANTRA CHAIR, BUT I LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA. WHAT IS THE COST OF THE TANTRA CHAIR AND WERE CAN I BUY ONE. I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME. THANK YOU.

4. Downpressor says:

“Tantra chair, for rich people who love sex”

FTFY

5. Kyle Armbruster says:

For that money, do I get my youth back? Because I don’t think that any chair in the world is going to make sex as good as it used to be.

6. Kyle Armbruster says:

Wait a minute, I just looked at the rest of the picture there…

Buddha statue…

Chinese dresser…

Shoji screens…

“Tantric” furniture…

Those mystical Orientals!!!

7. Rob Beschizza says:

When we post something twice, it means that it’s twice as interesting.

8. artbot says:

Saw this on the first posting, and their “suggested uses” marketing video does not disappoint.

9. jjasper says:

If this looks interesting, but too expensive to you, liberator.com has adjustable/stackable foam wedges for a lot cheaper. It is very pretty though. If the construction is solid, it’s probably fairly priced.

The color options this chair comes in is amazing…Cinnabar, Pistachio, Sunflower, etc. My husband and I are very attracted to red leather so we may give this thing a shot.

First thought: Models on web site still hot.

Second thought: Kyle, buddy, I’m sorry for you, but sex now is better for me than it was 14 years ago. Practice makes perfect .. or at least better.

12. jennybean42 says:

Dammit, the Maker in me clicked the “Build Chair” Button thinking “WOW, they actually have plans for a DIY version!”
    /Slaps forhead

It looks like it could be as comfortable as the recliner I sleep in. The recliner takes up a lot less space though. The ‘tantric’ aspect of this piece of furniture is worthless since I haven’t had sex in 8.5 years.

14. Jake0748 says:

I need to see the tantric office chair.

15. Ok, so now they have this NEW sexual positions guide up there now. I guess it illustrates some of the positions you can perform on this thing. I must admit, the marketing on this is genius because it’s got my wife and I all in a tizzy….*runs off to check the balance on the Amex

16. semiotix says:

Here’s what I’d be thinking the 23rd time I had sex on it:

“Goddammit! This thing has still cost me more than $50 per boink!”

17. Jarvik7 says:

What does this provide that a public washroom toilet does not?

18. Halloween Jack says:

Tantra Chair: Because, even though doing it on a La-Z-Boy is more comfortable, you can’t help but think of your grandparents doing it that way.

@ #2: