I am not an elephant! I am a light fixture! I am a lamp!

elephantiiasis_530.jpg

Daan van den Berg scanned Ikea’s LAMPAN lamp, infected the form with a digital “elephantiasis” virus, then ran out the result on a 3D printer. [Next Nature]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Furniture and Lighting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to I am not an elephant! I am a light fixture! I am a lamp!

The famous quote from “The Elephant Man”, play and film, is “I am not an ANIMAL! I am a HUMAN BEING!”.
    It’s absolutely chilling and perfectly worded to make us rethink our perception of those who appear different, especially those as deformed as Joseph Merrick.
    I don’t imagine you meant any harm, but the art of quoting or paraphrasing is subtle, and I think you minimized the joke by mis-quoting the original.

2. strider_mt2k says:

Go Team Venture!

3. HeatherB says:

That’s just nasty.

4. Marcel says:

Brilliant!

That’s exactly the kind of thing that makes me get the hots for 3D printing. Well, that, and the prospect of being able to home-bake the lost battery cover of your vintage collectible electronic toy.

5. zenpoet says:

Looks like something out Resident Evil. Gross.

6. Rob Beschizza says:

But it’s a lamp.

7. TJ S says:

@Strider:

+1 for the Venture Bros. reference.

8. strider_mt2k says:

Little club soda get that right out.

Club soda’d fix nearly anythang.