Blundgeon foes with blackjack ballcap

3SHSC.jpg

The Sap Cap’s crown conceals a “unique impact material,” which makes it a powerful and discrete weapon in the hands of a master.

This standard baseball cap can be used as a blackjack or sap. Just use the bill as the handle and the cap as an impact weapon. The secret of the Sap Cap is the pocket of a unique impact material that is 110% the density of lead and will not rust. Velcro adjustment.

Good, one supposes, for self-defense in those places where the customary equipment is not legal. And it’s cheap, too: it’s $30. One reviewer, however, offers an explanation why:

It’s a standard 6 panel Velcro closure hat but the panels were uneven making the entire hat lopsided. What good is a self defense hat if you’d never wear it? … It does what it says, it just looks terrible and fits uncomfortably while doing it

Product Page [Dubk via Giz and Fashionably Geek]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Blundgeon foes with blackjack ballcap

Actually, avoiding exercise might be one of the few things I’m willing to get in a fight over.

2. Enochrewt says:

Ok, I’ll admit it, I almost bought one when I saw it on Giz yesterday. (I’m neither paunchy nor balding, thank you) But that review that Mr. Beschizza quoted made me shy away. And then I saw a product demonstration video, and yes, it looks like it has weird creases running down the sides when you put it on.

I wonder how bad it would hurt if you stood up and hit your head with it on.

3. ctp says:

It all depends on who’s wielding the hat, no?

http://is.gd/wE4d (yes, it’s worksafe – it’s just Oddjob from Goldfinger :-)

4. Jake0748 says:

This item makes me think of the Skipper always swatting Gilligan on the noggin with his hat. OUCH!

5. Rob Beschizza says:

Doubt not the warrior lifestyle.

6. strider_mt2k says:

Now keep it out of the hands of street thugs, because you know that’s where they go next, right?

7. phisrow says:

I doubt it. A thug would carry a real weapon. This hat is deep in “increasingly bald and paunchy white middle manager who assuages his feelings of insecurity and loss with fantasies of how he would totally be ready to defend his life, property, and honor as a man when some darky tries to jump him” territory. I’m just surprised that they didn’t describe the weights(almost definitely tungsten) as “military grade”.

If you see anybody wearing one, check their pockets for one of these: http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/02/05/pocket-shark-the-pen.html (also, check out the balding, paunchy white guy).

Phisrow! How dare you doubt the warrior lifestyle!

9. iamanumlaut says:

Or you could just make a Millwall brick out of the newspaper you’re holding

10. strider_mt2k says:

Who hats the hatmen?

‘Tis now on BB main, posted by the Doctorow.

Geez, 20 years later somebody re-invents Weird Weapon Charlie’s infamous hat as a ball cap. The original was a dog-ear cap with lead shower curtain weights in the “ears” and a hidden pocket for a pack of smokes.

I wonder if the people making this actually found the original on the SEPTA train where Charlie lost it.

13. Oddball says:

Ah… Budk, proveyors of cheap mail order junk. I have to admit that I have bought some of their swords, but I don’t fool myself into thinking that they’re anything but pretty wall decorations.

I have to agree with Phisrow about this being mall ninja gear. I do have to give them points for not using the terms “military grade” and “tactical,” though.

It always amazes me that people will buy into stuff like this when taking a martial art or self-defense class is not only more effective, but actually gets your butt out of your seat. Oh… wait… that might be close to excersize.

14. philipb says:

Oddjob’s hat had more class AND much more destructive power.