Transparent U-bend

permaflow.jpg

Permaflow is a transparent u-bend designed to be easily-cleared: a watertight faucet attached to an arm makes it simple to unclog anything stuck within. I have a vision of it 10 years later, filth and hair and gum wicking through rotted seals, but still: doesn’t it look great?

Product Page [PF Waterworks via Oh Gizmo! and Core 77]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Transparent U-bend

Great idea, but I know what goes down there and I don’t want to see it until I need to.

@ 7
    That would certainly discourage copper thieves. I guess it’s to prevent Bad Things from happening when certain noxious chemicals go down the drain.

I see the beginnings of a very cool bong.

Yes, yes, plastic is teh evul, glass is da bomb, but still, just… look at it.

4. Bloodboiler says:

Great idea. How about fully transparent toilet bowl.

/s

5. Haroun says:

#8- Oh yeah, the brass pipes would go away very fast when acid or bases were poured down the drain were some labs not to use the Pyrex drainlines. Very expensive.
    The trap shown in the post is a ridiculous waste of money. Anything that could get caught in a drainline WILL get caught by this silly thing. Guess none of the designers ever actually looked at old plumbing.

6. DefMech says:

I can only imagine how long (not very) it’ll take before that spinny wheel gets gummed up with hair and miscellaneous drain goo.

7. drtwist says:

This reminds me of the plumbing in some university science buildings (I’ve seen it at both Oregon State and Portland State universities). All of the pipes were clear glass.

8. strider_mt2k says:

Kinda kills the “wedding ring down the drain” script for the sitcoms though.

9. TJ S says:

Who watches sitcoms anymore? (Wait, does “The IT Crowd” count?)