Awesome n00bian moms, we salute you

Does your mom have a meltdown just cause you won’t put away your laptop? Does she have technical difficulties? Try to throw her a bone sometime. More and more moms, grandmas and great-grandma’s of all ages are learning to get down with the Wii, strum to Rock Band and fiddle with other gadgetry. To all the ordinary, wonderfully un-techy moms out there who aren’t afraid to give it a go — even when cameras are rolling — we say, “Rock On!”

“Hey, I am darn good at this!”

More after the jump…
A cool grandma not only lets you play Luke, she even lets you win.

“What did I do?”

“I don’t know what it’s doing, but it’s doing something.”

“Killing pedestrians excites her”

At 00:54, g-ma shows this 2 year-old she’s the real Guitar Hero.

A mom in a robot costume. With a big smile.

Sometimes we give you every reason to hate computers.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Awesome n00bian moms, we salute you

1. Joel Johnson says:

I love this.

2. Chaomancer says:

Hardly a n00bian, but Old Grandma Hardcore is probably worth a mention here.

She is pretty awesome.

3. Enochrewt says:

My mother (59) now now rocks her Wii on a nightly basis. Her favorites are Link Crossbow training, Bowling and Boxing on Wii Sports and some hunting game (Big Buck Hunter?) which she claims is far superior to the others on the platform.

She can shoot an Elk at a hundred yards without flinching, yet she’s still creeped out by the fact that the Miis don’t have real hands. Weird.

4. Garr says:

That last one (the scary maze) isn’t something I’d risk doing with my grandparents, were they still alive…

5. HOTDAMN says:

Whats a nubian?

My parents adore their Wii, and Mom converted from Windows to Mac with grace and ease — not to mention has always been a near-tech-goddess to her workplace, from fixing printers to photoshopping silly birthday pictures.

7. SamF says:

I thought it was the coolest thing in the world when I came home from school one day and found my mom playing Pitfall on my Atari 2600.

My 70-year-old mother-in-law has also played DDR and Guitar Hero. (I totally kicked her ass!)