Prediction of the automotive future

motorage.jpg

Only one prediction in the May 1956 issue of Motor Age? Hope it was right. I just ordered the magazine online. Guesses on what they forecasted?

[via A Date In Time]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Prediction of the automotive future

Its almost as if you unaware that the U.S. oil companies don’t drill on vast tracts of land that they already have permits for. Its also almost like they are avoiding drilling to inflate prices, while pretending a shortage to gain access to more land to hedge out future competition. Oh man, it’s an anonymous fight up in here.

Graydon@ottawa, because metal is hard and people are soft, squishy, and not resilient.

3. Whiteops says:

I would guess that the prediction states a rise in vehicle ownership and a void in the mechanics available to repair them, leading to long hours and a strain on the mechanic’s marriage.

Kinda looks like she is mad about her husband not being there for dinner and to help with the kids, and he is stuck at the “office”.

Although it also looks like she is letting her husband hear how well she is doing in her operatic classes and he is not too happy with the results, not too happy at all. even the kids are begging her to stop.

4. Graydon@ottawa says:

so why does it take a 2000kg metal cage to move a 100kg person

5. TJ S says:

Based on the cover art, I’m guessing that they predicted some easy way of monitoring your car’s progress in a repair shop.

Maybe a temporary CCTV channel?

Based on the picture, they predicted that suburban mothers would be driving ridiculously overbuilt and oversized truck-based vehicles.

Looks like it came true!

in the future, cars will be designed by the president of the Untied States? and they will be powered by “wishful thinking” because we can’t drill for our own oil….

8. nixiebunny says:

I will say one thing for cars: The tires have gotten a lot better in the last 50 years. I used to spend a lot of time in tire shops as a kid. I see them about once every three years nowadays.

That said, I do carry an emergency tire plug kit in my glovebox. There’s something about roofing nails…

9. omnifrog says:

If they don’t predict that cars will fly, I’ll be highly disappointed.

10. w000t says:

From the cover art, I’m guessing they predicted an opera about car repair.

11. retrojoe says:

Probably something basic like the rise of imports, better fuel economy or that fuel injection would replace carburetors.