Atomic Disruptor Raygun

3422686582_96c0f34329_b.jpg
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Atomic Disruptor Raygun

1. redsquares says:

@6-
    I’ll eventually submit to your will, but it seriously is “octopussy”.

2. Ericc says:

if it makes you feel better I’ll slap some wood grain stickers on it for you, and some brass spray paint. hehehehe
    I saw that done to a few items recently on some amateur SP sites and kinda laughed to myself. It’s like kids that put Carbon fibre stickers all over their cars, or farbon cibre as I like to call it.

3. strider_mt2k says:

My guess is that the barrel looks like that because it has to, or so my imagination told me:

The original Florrtex barrels broke down when in close proximity to the beam over time.

The newer Monatomic barrels are silver in color and do not accept paints or dyes.

While it’s customers originally balked at this (Many had “better looking” Florrtex models with unsafely decaying barrels that wanted this look preserved) but eventually it was decided that the weapon performed optimally with the newer materials and aesthetics were grudgingly put aside for better functionality in this series.

Later models incorporated similar looking metals to blend the styling, but this one is sought out among collectors because of the change that occured mid-series.

Models with the original black Florrtex barrels are extremely rare and are generally only seen in museums and in the possession of very wealthy collectors.

See? There’s always an explanation if you give me enough time to think of one.

4. cephi says:

or prominent plastic parts
    don’t get me wrong its gorgeous
    and awesome
    but yeah not SP

5. Mary Sue says:

So it’s atomipunk.

6. xander says:

It looks like it’s straight out of fallout 3.

7. redsquares says:

“Called it” on the main page.

8. mkultra says:

Oh no, please don’t try to resurrect the old steampunk-purity-test thing. By doing so, you align yourself with the kind of people who argue about the proper plural of “octopus”.

redsquares, I thought it was octopeeces? You know, like the plural of mouse, meeces?

Strider, thank you, I think you’ve got it. Like the Lasseter, a Florrtex barreled gun would be a major target of theft.

10. Nightwatch says:

It looks like it would fit in to the 1950s Sci-Fi retro-futurism look of the Fallout game series perfectly.

Gorgeous. The aluminum flashlight barrel was a little jarring to my suspension of disbelief, but overall it’s so beautiful I’m definitely willing to overlook it.

12. error404 says:

It’s not quite Ray Gun Gothic either.

Cold War Brutalist perhaps?