Napster rises from grave

napsteragain.jpg

Napster’s corpse is wheeled out again for the board to amuse itself with: this time, as the brand for a $5 monthly music streaming service. [Engadget]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Short. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Napster rises from grave

1. pork musket says:

Comments were broken when I was trying to post my comment. Sorry for the spam.

2. rosyatrandom says:

Napstify?

3. Garr says:

Yes, Pork Musket, I think we got it the last time ;)

Comments f*** up? And who is this Rob Beschizza guy spamming all the posts with “test” and the like?

4. pork musket says:

This makes me nostalgic. I was a moderator for Napster back in the early days. Chatting briefly with Shawn Fanning on ICQ was another stepping stone in my decision to become a developer. I still have a Napster shirt they sent me somewhere. I wonder if it’s ironic enough to be cool yet?

5. Chrs says:

You’ve got to be impressed by the brand recognition that Napster built. It’s the only possible reason why they would keep dragging it back out, except for unimaginative music executives, and who ever heard of such a thing?

6. pork musket says:

Sad. I used to be a chat admin for Napster in the early days. Briefly chatting with Shawn Fanning on ICQ was another significant stepping stone that lead to me becoming a developer. I think I’ve still got a t-shirt they sent me somewhere…

7. pork musket says: