Elephant Bottle Opener

elephantbottle.jpg

This bottle opener by Georg Jensen is $20 at Urban Outfitters. [via The Laughing Squider via Der Swisser Misser]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Elephant Bottle Opener

1. Seth says:

I bought this exact opener as made by Royal Copenhagen eleven years ago. Georg Jensen, shame on you. This version had a socket for twist- offs.

2. PaulR says:

$20?

That’s a half a bottle of good single-malt! Priorities people!

3. pork musket says:

That’s strange. I have an urge to rent some CNC time, slightly alter the shape, make a ton of these and sell them way cheaper. I wonder why?

4. selfish says:

is it because $20 to open a drink is just a *bit* much?

5. nnguyen says:

i don’t see how this is better than the bulldog bottle opener posted yesterday.

my captcha: his penes
    *snickers*

6. txdesign says:

It would be great if it was credit card thin so it could fit in my wallet. Then I would consider paying $20 for it. Whats the point of having it sit in your house when you need it on you?

I got two, in SF, within the last 2 years, at a great store called ARCH. They were $3.50 each, and have the socket for twist-offs, too.

I love these!

8. dcb says:

Reminds me of 16 Animali. Beautifully simplistic design, fantastically overpriced.

9. pork musket says:

That’s part of it. Also because Urban Outfitters likes to steal designs from independent artists and use them with attribution.

10. devophill says:

This has the twist-off socket, it’s just wiuldly overpriced.

11. devophill says:

Cricket Cola is the best soda ever. Srsly.