Video: Spotify music app for Android

Eliot Van Buskirk: “If I were Steve Jobs, the video…would scare me senseless.”

Spotify is a streaming music service that also now allows caching on supported mobile devices. It is currently limited to Finland, France, Norway, Sweden, Spain, and the UK, due to licensing issues.

Every song ever instantly available for free. It’s getting awful close.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Video: Spotify music app for Android

1. kaka says:

My previous comment does not makes sense, I blame lack of sleep! The free account for the user is funded by adverts, royalties are paid either way. home school curriculum

2. kaka says:

I can’t help but mourn when I see an app like this. As great as it might be, technology has sucked the money from the business which means less artist development and more amateurs.Online Diploma

3. kaka says:

have it yet in your terrotory but where I am (the UK) it’s been explosive in its growth.homeschool online

4. kaka says:

As great as it might be, technology has sucked the money from the business prior learning

5. kaka says:

until the label went out of business due to lack of CD sales and overwhelming piracy, I can’t help but mourn when I see an app like this. As great as it might be, technology High School

Great. As a musician who previously had a record deal (read: viable career) until the label went out of business due to lack of CD sales and overwhelming piracy, I can’t help but mourn when I see an app like this. As great as it might be, technology has sucked the money from the business which means less artist development and more amateurs.

“Every song for free anywhere” reads to me “Musicians will never eat again.”

7. owza says:

@5 It’s not free, artists get payment from advertising revenue or premium accounts on spotify.

8. owza says:

9. jasbw501 says:

It is a great video. Mobile is looking also very nice. Thank you very much for this sharing. Star Wars Pez Dispenser || Paid Surveys

10. Jeffro says:

Does anyone know the name of that application that he is demonstrating on the MBP? Do want plz.

11. AlisdairC says:

@JEFFRO.
    Er, it’s Spotify…(the desktop app). Maybe you don’t have it yet in your terrotory but where I am (the UK) it’s been explosive in its growth.

12. annoyingmouse says:

Every song ever? Hardly. It’s till got a lot of work to do to make a fully comprehensive library. Admittedly, I’ve been enjoying Spotify so far but I’ve found an awful lot of gaps in their catalogue.

13. lovemoose says:

If they get spotify mobile out of the door and it works as shown in the video, I’ll change my next phone from an iphone to an android model. It’s that good.