BBG on… Dogs

boinger dogs.png

Clockwise from top left: Porter Johnson, Malcolm Keilana, Ruby Keilana, Gus Leckart, Mocha Beschizza, Tricksy Beschizza, Black Jack Putney

Perhaps the most important prerequisite for being part of the BBG team is to have a puppy or two. Because we love our doggies so much, we dedicate today to stories about dogs: gadgets for dogs, robotic dogs, pictures taken by dogs, a robot that cleans puke stains, geeky dog toys, a dog tag with a motion sensor in it, advice on how to carry a lap dog and a laptop at the same time, and more. Woof! (Or, as they say in Japan, wan wan!)

About Lisa Katayama

I'm a contributing editor here at Boing Boing. I also have a blog (TokyoMango), a book (Urawaza), and I freelance for Wired, Make, the NY Times Magazine, PRI's Studio360, etc. I'm @tokyomango on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Pets. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to BBG on… Dogs

1. strider_mt2k says:

The wife and I are considering getting a small dog now that our cat has passed on. (16 years)
    We had a Rottie about 9 years ago who was a very cool dog indeed.

I kinda like Boston Terriers, but further study is needed. ;)

2. Joel Johnson says:

Bostons are awesome!

3. scaught says:

A friend of mine has 2 bostons. Super cool dogs.

I’m falling in love with Black Jack. He’s a sweetie.

5. Dean Putney says:

Black Jack is the laziest dog in the world.

6. gobo says:

Mocha and Tricksy are adorable. What’re their breeds?

7. zuzu says:

Yeah, it’s a lazy dog-dangling afternoon.

8. phisrow says:

Dog #3 has extremely superior ears.

9. Rob Beschizza says:

Mocha is a red dog. Tricksy is a black and tan dog.

10. kerry says:

Yeah, Rob, what kind of dog is Mocha? He(?) looks alarmingly similar to our mystery mutt, particularly with regards to the paws up belly rub pose there. Our Pocky does the same “very serious face.”

11. Rob Beschizza says:

Tricksy has Australian Shep and coyote traits (was a rescue dog from out in the desert SW) whereas Mocha looks kind of like a spaniel mixed with something a bit bigger than a spaniel.

12. HeatherB says:

We think Mocha might be a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel mixed with a Nova Scotian duck tolling retriever (as she displays some tolling behaviors as well as the looks) but anyones guess is as good as ours.

13. Wordguy says:

@ #10 Rob — So they’re beer dogs? Mocha must be: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/105/1207/ and Tricksy must be: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/99/906

14. Steven Leckart says:

@ #15, I never considered myself someone that would have a “toy” dog, but pugs are just wonderful stuff, imho.

15. EArmstrong says:

I know Mocha and Tricksy and not only are both beautiful, but now I need their “paw”tographs!! P.S. My mom has Boston Terriers and they are GREAT, but I will ALWAYS be a Pug person myself! :-)