Bluetooth comms for motorcyclists

Flip-up silver_BT2_blue.jpg

Midland Radio’s bluetooth-equipped motorcycle gear comes in four varieties: the BT2-D, connecting driver and passenger to up to three gadgets; the BT2-S, which connects a solo user to his or her cellphone, mp3 player or GPS machine; the BT1, which is like the BT2-D but the passenger gets intercom but no bluetooth; and the BT Rebel, a budget model for solo riders with only one bluetooth device.

Each comes with screw or adhesive-based mounting options, boom or wired mics, and stereo cables.

-1.jpg

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Bluetooth comms for motorcyclists

1. david Theroux says:

how much does it cost

2. Timmay says:

The Nolan N102 and N103 N-Com helmets are designed to have bluetooth or other options snapped into them. I just bought a N103. http://www.nolanhelmets.com/n103ncom.htm

Also there are other makers that have bluetooth built into their helmets (the names escape me at the moment.)

3. styrofoam says:

The Buetooth rigs cost almost as much as the freakin’ helmets, though. And this is AFTER spending a decent amoutn of money on a helmet.

I’ve been tempted, but haven’t been able to justify it yet. If I rode with people on long rides more, or had a passenger on back of my BarcoBike, it’d make more sense.

Then I think, “Am I missing that much by not being able to answer an “important phone call” while I’m riding?” Music is nice on the really long ride, but I’m not sure that this is the soluton. It’d be nice to hear how the internal speakers sound at speed.

4. grimc says:

And DAVID, as a daily rider in LA (and several years in SF), taking a phone call while you’re riding may be “great”, but there are also those who feel the same way about riding around in flip-flops and a t-shirt.

FYI: Those cars on the street? They’re all trying to kill us.

I am always curious as to how well these sound at highway speeds. I don’t know if I just have a crappy helmet, but I can’t hear an mp3 player at full volume in my helmet over the wind noise.

6. grimc says:

This would be useful for long-distance riders. Outside of that, if somebody can’t live without their MP3 player and phone while they’re riding, get a car and have all the distractions you want.

7. David says:

I have the Nolan helmet and it is much sexier than the Midland Radio stuff.

As for GRIMC, some of use the motorcycle to commute within the City, and being able to take calls (and dial at stop lights) is great.