Video: Making “Living Movie Posters” with a Red One camera

Alexx Henry Photography used Red One cameras to make “living movie posters“, essentially trying to replicate the look of a one-sheet photograph but using video. I don’t know if this is a promo for the Red One, but it’s technical enough that it’s actually really interesting. If nothing else, think of it as advertising that will inoculate against other advertising!

This entry was posted in ads and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Video: Making “Living Movie Posters” with a Red One camera

1. The Life Of Bryan says:

@2: Because it’s only very recently that you could get high resolution and 24fps video at the same time. Previously it was an either/or proposition and even a still from a high-end movie camera simply didn’t have as much image data as a shot from an SLR.

2. Ilena says:

I disagree with Robot-Mistake. I think the idea of living movie posters is very cool. It shouldn’t be used for every product but for movies and television shows, it is a natural. Bravo to Alexx Henry for thinking of this idea.

3. or1g1nalz3n says:

Sounds pretty interesting although I do not think that I have seen any ‘living’ Jurassic park ads or any of the ones in the video clip.
    I agree with one of the previous comments re there are places where I would not want to be ‘invaded by’ these motion picture ads.
    internet marketing Melbourne

4. Jesse Ryder says:

I disagree with Robot-Mistake.
    Term Papers
    Term Paper Writing

5. Jesse Ryder says:

Essay| Essay Service|

6. Jesse Ryder says:

I think the idea of living movie posters is very cool.
    Essay| Essay Writing|

7. robot-mistake says:

Living movie posters… shouldn’t someone be asking why?

It is hurting my head to put this all together but I would activly avoid areas that use this technology to advertise to me.

The novelty is thin with the realization that I am going to be ‘surprised’ by a moving movie poster.

Can not wait until they can just project images on my retina as I walk by(!)

Cool camera though.

8. alowishus says:

Psssh. Must be nice to have a RED One camera . . .

/jealousy

They had “motion/living” ads for “Jurassic Park, the Lost world” all over the place….

I’m not getting why this is unique or even why they needed the RED ONE camera…

Anyone?