Video: Polite Umbrella Contracts To Avoid Poking Others In The Eye

Video Link. This This cleverly-designed umbrella allows you shrink to fit the sidewalk.. (Thanks, Stephen Lenz)

About Xeni Jardin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Video: Polite Umbrella Contracts To Avoid Poking Others In The Eye

1. RedShirt77 says:

Every time you pull the string I be a cup of water lands on your shoe.

Rain jacket works better.

it’s a clever idea, but the only people who would have the presence of mind to pull on the cords and actually use the advantages of the umbrella are the same ppl that are watching enough to avoid hitting ppl to begin with. it’s something cool, but it doesn’t really solve a problem.

3. stabby13 says:

I wish everyone in Tokyo had one of these. Being just over 6ft tall puts a very high percentage of umbrella tips at my eye level there.

4. muteboy says:

Golf Umbrellas – the SUVs of the sidewalk

5. hku says:

My rude umbrella
    lashes out while passersby
    cower in terror!

6. Guy says:

Needs an automatic, proximity-sensing mechanism.

also, I have never seen an umbrella that big, that wasn’t deck furniture.

7. kaka says:

also, I have never seen an umbrella that big, that wasn’t deck furniture. BE degree

8. kaka says:

also, I have never seen an umbrella that big, that wasn’t deck furniture.
    college degrees

9. kaka says:

string I be a cup of water lands on your shoe.

Rain jacket works better. Multimedia degree

10. kaka says:

Golf Umbrellas – the SUVs of the sidewalk
    PhD finance

11. kaka says:

Every time you pull the string I be a cup of water lands on your shoe. Administration degree