Video: Thank god, it’s the Comfort Wipe

Actually, Comfort Wipe, I think living in bodies that must use the bathroom at all is archiac. Can you fix that?

And sorry, chubby dude, I do not hate on the portly types, but I really don’t think there’s any “advantages” to being overweight. Unless you don’t like to wipe your own ass in the first place.

Thank god they weren’t suggest what I first thought they were suggesting, which was to also use it as a shower brush. [via The Awl]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Video: Thank god, it’s the Comfort Wipe

1. Lea A Franco says:

Size advantage to being heavy (-ish, -er): the mass to push a truck. #askmehowIknow

2. RedShirt77 says:

Thank you, I just found the strength to not seek out that cookie.

3. Lea A Franco says:

BTW, for the Comfort Wipe to be usable in the bath, you’d have to take a Golden Shower.

I’m here all week.

4. Tensegrity says:

@1 This sort of device is already common in Occupational Therapy for use by people with various physical issues. Marketing it to able people who think normal asswiping is gross is just dumb.

5. jacques45 says:

The testimonial after “large guy with blue shirt” reminded me of the mother from The Critic. Wonder if that lady ever has to deal with “El Kabong!”

6. O_M says:

…I have three female slaves who wipe my ass when necessary. It’s great, and I recommend everyone should get at least one to do the job for you.

[/sarcasm]

7. hokano says:

@GOBO: spaloo.com $399.

8. nehpetsE says:

I wonder if Edarem has one?
    He certainly makes good use of the bowl brush.

9. Bob Hope says:

I can imagine this being useful to people with spinal injuries.

10. nehpetsE says:

For the certain disabilities this could indeed be beneficial.
    But something about the way they say “extends you reach a full 18 inches”…

How many folks will be inserting it all the way up to the comfortgrip?

12. jrishel says:

I bet this product would be of big help to Centaurs.

Boing Boing Gadgets: something really went wrong for us Westerners when it came to pooping

13. Rastle says:

Check out the spoof of this that was done on YouTube…
    :D

14. Cazmonster says:

Tresser > *

Gee, it doesn’t help me personally, therefore it must be a bad product.

16. feedingfashionistas says:

Yeck, the curve seems all wrong and it seems all-too-easy to position a little off and, erp, gotta scrub the Comfort Wipe again… Thank god I have this Get-A-Grip to help me steady myself over the sink!

*RALPH*

17. xzzy says:

If they really wanted to improve the act of cleaning our posterior, they’d find some way to get Americans to accept using a bidet. Yet another thing that large portions of the world use regularly, but is effectively a myth in the US.

There’s really only two ways to do it.. wipe it off, or spray it off, and if wiping it is “disgusting” the logical course becomes obvious.

18. kaka says:

I’m sure it has its uses. As far as the shower brush analogy goes, save the money and double up – use it in the shower with your right hand and to wipe yourself with your left hand. Online High School

19. kaka says:

So you’re selling us a handle to stick it onto? Not a great sales pitch. GED Online

20. kaka says:

the 1800s? Obviously they haven’t seen the super-perfumed toilet paper with stupid little flowers printed on them. home school curriculum

21. kaka says:

Toilet paper is really archaic and disgusting!”

So you’re selling us a handle to stick it onto? Not a great sales pitch.

And yes, I’d buy a bidet in a hot second (especially the glorious Toto Washlet) if they didn’t cost upwards of $800. affordable education

22. kaka says:

diploma

23. Anon says:

First major improvement in toilet paper since the 1800s? Obviously they haven’t seen the super-perfumed toilet paper with stupid little flowers printed on them.

24. redsquares says:

After I’ve been outside for hours, toiling in dirt and muck, I like to use limp, dry paper to wipe the filth away. I’m all clean after that.

I also need to prop myself against a tree, in a sitting position, to defecate.

I’m all for progress, but something really went wrong for us Westerners when it came to pooping.

25. anonymous says:

don’t make fun of the sick or infirm (or, I suppose, the fat) because someday, you may be them.

It seems like a good product that’s really hard to talk about.

26. mappo says:

“I wash myself with a rag on a stick.”

27. tresser says:

3 shells > Comfort Wipe

28. salsaman says:

Try a washlet:
    or “swash” (missing the “as” at the beginning):

I got a Swash 800 last year and, uh, never looked back…;)

29. toxonix says:

I thought I was going to see boobies during that Get-A-Grip portion.
    This product makes no sense to me. I get the sense now that Americans are completely out of touch with their anuses.

30. gobo says:

Perky Saleslady: “Think about it. Toilet paper is really archaic and disgusting!”

So you’re selling us a handle to stick it onto? Not a great sales pitch.