Kiki, Sony Ericsson’s strangest phone ever

kikise.jpg

Codenamed Kiki, this handset, purportedly forthcoming from Sony-Ericsson, sports a glassy display and an unusual design, but no specs are offered. That’s Vodafone, in the mockup image, as carrier. Also, I fully support the call for more green handsets. [Mobil via Unwired View]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Kiki, Sony Ericsson’s strangest phone ever

1. ZiggyTek says:

This looks like an odd phone but in a good way. I could see myself using this for about a week the getting bored. Phone is unique, just not unique enough to keep your attention

2. phisrow says:

Too bad. Had this come out earlier, it would have been the ultimate Minority Report tie-in. Ah well.

3. Andreas says:

Display looks two sided and see-through. Some transparent OLEDy sort of thing, perhaps? And the little protrusion on the second green bar is where the one on the 5 on a regular phone is, so the bars would then be a keypad. I’d say this is strange in a good way.

4. Rickyneck says:

Maybe its just me but I feel as though from now on we should do touchscreen only. Buttons should not be used in new phones and gadgets. I don’t know about this phone but i see three buttons on the cover and it’s a future concept.

5. gnosis says:

Re: “but no specs are offered” – it was a leak and they’re performing an internal hunt for the leaker.

Finally, a worthy successor for my Motorola F3!

7. zuzu says:

It still has SE’s stupid proprietary plug. What happened to adopting standard microUSB, huh?

8. zuzu says:

That’s another thing… Sony Ericsson ditching Memory Stick Micro cards in favor of MicroSD. Let’s see if that’s for real with this Kiki phone.

9. bontybahr says:

It looks very sexy, but I’m already tired of the touch screen thing. I prefer the full Qwerty key board like Sony x1 but with a better camera, more internal memory and an expandable mricoSD.