I've never roasted my own coffee, but I'm game to try it. The GEN2 Coffee Roaster drum kit is an aluminum cage and rotisserie you place on a standard bbq. Seems like a simple, potentially useful way to heat your beans. Then again, it costs $110. Not terrible, but that's several times the price of an old popcorn popper, which can roast just fine and doesn't require manual turning. Aside from handling larger batches, I'd love to know why the bbq roaster is preferable. [via Cooking Gadgets]
- Hands-On With A Whippit-Powered Travel Espresso Maker
- Internet able coffee machine runs Windows XP - Boing Boing Gadgets
- Scoop Clip scoops from, clips on bags - Boing Boing Gadgets
- Behold! A styrofoam coffee cup power inverter
- What Happened To The Analog Coffee Grinder?
- Siphon Coffee: Because Single Origin Brew Wasn't Elitist Enough ...