Reading Lamp

lampylamplamp.jpg

Designed by Jun Yasumoto, Alban Le Henry, Olivier Pigasse and Vincent Vandenbrouck, this reading lamp turns itself off when you drape a book over it. Genius. [Core77]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments, Furniture and Lighting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Reading Lamp

1. duallain says:

My first thought is: how well would this light really work for reading? It doesn’t appear to be bright enough.

My second thought: what happens when you finish reading a book? You’d have to do something silly to get it to turn off (re-use the book you just finished, open a new book, keep some dummy book nearby…).

2. Helen-LG says:

Also it’s not good for the spines of your books!

3. caldrax says:

It probably also has a switch, or worst case scenario you put the book you just finished back on until you pick up a new one? That seems like a bit of a desperate attempt to find something to criticize about it.

4. Toaste says:

Anybody else read that and think, “Fire hazard?” Draping a flammable object over a heat source sounds absurdly stupid. And while it may seem to be a brilliant means of eliminating the need for a bookmark, the book would simply fall off for lack of balance if draped over the light opened to the first or last chapter.

5. PaulR says:

Three people to design a lamp with a pressure sensor?

6. HeatherB says:

@4 I’m with you. It’s a bit of pointless critique. Not to difficult to take the book you just finished and put it over it.

7. lamp cord says:

Anyway,it’s great in different figure.

8. Ito Kagehisa says:

Awesome idea! I’m going to make one that isn’t butt ugly. Something in figured walnut, I think, and more directional.

9. LyhjeHylje says:

This seems like something you put on a low table beside you. I like my reading light to be behind me and higher than my shoulder/head, this would look ridiculous screwed on wall.

10. Booker says:

I thought the lamp was reading the book.

11. Drywall says:

Suck on that, Kindle owners!