Fujifilm’s FinePix S200EXR: Like An SLR, Only Not

Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR.jpg

Fujfilm announced a handful of new shooters, including the S200EXR, a quasi-SLR with a 12 megapixel sensor, 14.3x optical zoom, and the capability of shooting 30fps video, as well as both RAW and JPEG.

The prosumer S200EXR is relatively lightweight (835g) and is said to boast 50% more battery life than comparable models in its arsenal, meaning you supposedly get 370 shots per battery charge.

Whenever I hear stats like that, I tend to picture a cramped room of gnomes, ashy butts dangling from their mouths, miserably pressing camera shutters and counting. And counting…

The S200EXR will be available in August for $600.

Whatever, just give me my 3D camera already. Please and thanks.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Fujifilm’s FinePix S200EXR: Like An SLR, Only Not

1. gere says:

sounds good but still too exensive. I can only afford to pay around 300.00

2. Steven says:

This camera may be a game changer for Fuji if it delivers all that is listed here.

3. TaylorC says:

This is so wonderful. Thank you for your service and kindness, it was much appreciated. In addition to my gratitude, I would like to share with you a story of Rich Roll. Rich Roll is an incredible athlete. He’s known for competing in Iron Man Triathlons, which require a competitor to swim for 2.4 miles, bicycle for 112 miles, and then run a marathon all in a day. Rich Roll has been invited to compete in the Ultraman event, reserved for the elite of elites. Day One is a 6.2 mile swim then a 90 mile bike ride, Day 2 is a 171.4 mile bike ride, and Day 3 is two marathons in a row – no breaks. He’s being covered by Men’s Fitness Magazine, and is notable for being a practicing vegan. Granted, Rich Roll won’t need a paydayadvance to compete thanks to corporate sponsors.

4. theducks says:

It looks pretty yawn-tastic till you read about the CCD-splitting and in-camera HDR and film sythesis (Velvia!)

5. theducks says:

@IAN: I got the impression that the idea with this camera was to run alternating lines of pixels at different exposures, allowing it to synthesise great dynamic range.

6. Ian says:

@THEDUCKS

Any digital camera can simulate Velvia just as well as the next. Just take your file into PS and bump the saturation.

Don’t get me wrong, I adore Velvia, but the magic comes more from the fact that it’s ISO 50 slide film.

7. xsuperstore says:

mmm too expensive . isn’t it

………………………………………
    visit my free online store.

8. daev says:

Wow, one comment when I get here, and it’s spam. Sad.

Neat camera, but not likely to compete at that price point. I can spend that and get a full-function DSLR with similar resolution.

Oh well.

9. robbersdog says:

Since when is a point and shoot like this prosumer? This may look like a DSLR, but it’s sensor is still tiny, so expect a huge amount more image noise than any of the real DSLRs. Buy a second hand proper camera for the same money and get hugely better quality images.