Designer thermometer looks like a clock

plus-minus-zero-by-naoto-fukasawa-05.jpg

Japanese design firm Plus Minus Zero has this interesting new thermometer coming out in September. It looks like a clock, except the hands indicate temperature and humidity instead of time. I like it!

[Plus Minus Zero main page via Dezeen]

About Lisa Katayama

I'm a contributing editor here at Boing Boing. I also have a blog (TokyoMango), a book (Urawaza), and I freelance for Wired, Make, the NY Times Magazine, PRI's Studio360, etc. I'm @tokyomango on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Designer thermometer looks like a clock

1. azwaa says:

Must be nice to live in an area that only need a themometer to -25. In Canada, we need at least a -40 C themometer and you have to watch out for digital themometers, they usually freeze to death at -33 C.

2. yri says:

Must be nice to live in an area that only needs a humidometer to go up to 90%. Back in Florida, it would just stay pegged all the time.

3. Jake0748 says:

Very nice, what does it cost? Like $79.99?

4. Eicos says:

These have been around for years. We had one when I was growing up; it ceased to function when I opened the back and wound and unwound the coiled bimetallic strips.

5. Rory says:

It’s designed by Naoto Fukasawa so it going to be beautiful. http://www.designsojourn.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/naoto1.jpg
    Plus Minus Zero do a range of products like this. I recently bought an analog alarm but had to swap it for the digital one when I realised it had no light or luminous dial, which kind of negated it’s use as a bedside alarm clock. Function won over form.

6. Mary Sue says:

Wow! That’s amazing! It looks just like the one my grandmother’s had on her mantle for at least 30 years!

7. Armanstein says:

I read Azwaa’s comment and felt so sad that they need to have a thermometer that goes below -40 C. Canada must be really cold indeed.