Video: Tron, Astro Boy & Cloudy w/Chance of Meatballs

Wired is hosting a special Cafe at Comic-Con, where I’ve been interviewing some pretty fun folks in film and TV, including Kristen Bell of Astro Boy, Tron Legacy‘s Olivia Wilde, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs co-directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller. You don’t get to see my face or hear my voice. But take my word for it, I was there!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Video: Tron, Astro Boy & Cloudy w/Chance of Meatballs

The race reassignment on Astro Boy makes me deeply and irrationally angry. It’s like making a story about Harriet Tubman and casting her as a chipper blonde.

2. devophill says:

IIRC, “white” characters in anime and manga are meant to be read as Japanese.

3. caldrax says:

cloudy with a chance of meatballs looks like an absolutely depressing butchery of the original story and style

4. David B. says:

Geez – Astro Boy looks like really bad animation from a Big Boy’s restaurant commercial…

5. eti says:

He looks basically the same as before to me.

6. jtegnell says:

The other characters look pretty white, but Astro Boy himself? I think he looks as racially ambiguous as most manga characters.

How many Asians have you seen with massive eyes, green or pink or blue hair, no nose whatsoever, and a mouth seen front-on no matter what angle the head is?

Regarding Meatballs, I hope R. Crumb gets a cut.