Machine Light, by Frank Buchwald

typ_09_1gr.jpg

Each example of Frank Buchwald’s work is made to order. His Machine Lights create a serious “Do Want” situation.

Frank Buchwald via The A.

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Furniture and Lighting. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Machine Light, by Frank Buchwald

1. RedShirt77 says:

Wow, cool.

2. Johnny B says:

these were over $15000 in 2007.
    hand made bulbs too, so if one goes – tough luck.

3. Cowtown2 says:

This is the kind of steampunk I like. Almost everything at least LOOKS like it has a purpose in the object.

4. zuzu says:

Looks like it belongs on the set of David Lynch’s Dune. That’s a compliment.

5. Dimka says:

Very nice art, I wish stuff like that would be sold in stores

6. Plonk says:

Decopunk!

7. Kevin says:

I agree with the poster who said it brings to mind something that would be in Peter Lynch’s “Dune”.

8. Cowtown2 says:

@#4

What, the movie where 19-th century social and political constructs exist side-by-side with high technology, but said technology also involves knife fights (to say nothing of the book’s flapping-wing flying machines that didn’t make it into the movie)?

Maybe I’m missing some nuance of steampunk (is finished oak a requirement for every steampunk piece?), but I tend not to think the two aesthetics are mutually exclusive.

9. ni.c says:

This is awesome! Do want!

10. Matt Cushman says:

This is the sort of thing so gorgeous that it makes me want to build a special room so that I would have the space to craft the perfect desk just so that I could set that lamp atop it. Of course, then I would have just the PERFECT lighting with which to analyze all of the bills that I didn’t pay while constructing my “lamp room”.

11. Snagg says:

“Steampunk”?

Think again. Go watch David Lynch’s “Dune” and have your report on my desk by 8:00 am tomorrow.