Tron Turquoise Is The New Black

With Tron Legacy set to debut in 2010, don’t be surprised if turquoise and, more specifically, turquoise LED strips get slapped onto anything and everything.

Exhibit A: The Pulse, a concept fixed-gear with electric turn signals and a luminescent frame…

pulse_introimage.jpg

Personally, I’m into it — as you can probably tell from my use of the color on BBG posts.

[via Core77]

This entry was posted in cycling and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Tron Turquoise Is The New Black

1. Andy Gates says:

And for the mandatory steampunk tie-in, I have to name-drop Charlotte who rode a pennyfarthing a hundred miles overnight with EL glow wire wheels. The retrofuture is now. :)

(Not to mention the prospect of a Tron / Babbage reboot)

2. Pantograph says:

I was prepared to hate this with all my might, until I saw the Dude abiding Kung-fu style.

Pantograph, I had the exact same reaction. Exact.

4. Shelby Davis says:

I… I was born to late to see the original Tron, I guess, but is this supposed to be a movie about a world where everything is designed by Evil Apple?

5. Steven Leckart says:

Fellas, there is a scene in the movie where the first-film Bridges fights with the sequel Bridges.

Double the bridges, double the f-u-n.

6. Robert says:

Oh. My. God. That looks… incredible.

7. dalek g says:

does this mean “Automan” will finally be released on dvd?

8. RedShirt77 says:

The dude doesn’t abide the dude?

I think the lighting on the bike is a great leap forward in lighting. We have had a bad habit of point source lighting on vehicles, which obscures their shape and size. It also makes all the vehicles blend together. lighting surfaces is so much better. I wish they could find a way to light streets in a similar way.

9. mdh says:

It really tied the ROM together….

10. feedingfashionistas says:

It’s a shame the designers didn’t grok that chainrings/cranks aren’t, er, ensconced *behind* the seat/down tubes/bottom bracket. It looks like somebody drew a triangle on a photo of a bike with a luminescent sharpie.

But hey, maybe it angles out, to become a tiny little chain guard? lol :)

11. IWood says:

You can do this sort of thing right now. EL wire! (One source: http://www.elbestbuy.com/, but there are many others). I’ve also used the cold-cathode DLG on my trike preferring (of course) the electric blue (http://rockthebike.com/down-low-glow –there *are* cheaper ways to do this, yes, but the DLG is a nice package).

Glowing things FTW!

12. Pantograph says:

#7 Is there any other kind?

13. Czapek says:

#8 Automan!! Boy I hope not, but I’m as guilty as most geeks mur age for watching that show every week, and the motorbike/knightrider knock off Street Hawk