Earphones integrated into fuzzy cat ear headband

photo02.jpg

Thanko, the Japanese gadget company best known for its quirky USB products, has these earphones connected to a fuzzy cat ear hairband. This is great for Akiba types and other cat ear fetishists who need an excuse to wear cat ears in public, or for those who want to wear both cat ears and earphones but only carry one accessory at a time.

011.jpg

Product page (Japanese)

About Lisa Katayama

I'm a contributing editor here at Boing Boing. I also have a blog (TokyoMango), a book (Urawaza), and I freelance for Wired, Make, the NY Times Magazine, PRI's Studio360, etc. I'm @tokyomango on Twitter.
This entry was posted in cats and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Earphones integrated into fuzzy cat ear headband

1. Diasis says:

INVISIBLE ROPE LADDER
    Also, kawaiiii.

2. David Carroll says:

Fantastic, but I think I’ll stick with my noise cancelling headphones.

Do they come in blue or black? How about Mickey Mouse style?

3. David Carroll says:

Robert Vinson #6

No. I stopped wearing ear-buds about two years ago, and switched to active noise cancelling headphones. Now when people come up to me and ask a question I can actually hear what they say.

You asked:

This brilliant invention puts an end to all that. Because who is going to talk to a 280-lb white guy wearing cat ears?

The answer is 300 lb bears: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_(gay_culture)

4. Pantograph says:

You can still hear people talking to you? That is the kind of noise I want cancelled most!

5. Pantograph says:

#3 those are supposed to be cat paws…

…or so my -ahem- distant aquaintance tells me.

6. Very funny and nice.
    Our Best Regards
    Hiddengarments Team

7. athingcalledcat says:

thanks for more inspiration!! :D totally making a version for my earbud travel pair.
    finally a great way to get people to leave me alone, since earphones are never a clear enough sign, at least so far in my experience.

8. mike says:

I LOVE it when girls wear earphones!

9. Mike Harris says:

There were “cat-ear earphones” in the “Josie and the Pussycats” movie.

*looks around at everyone staring at him*

What? It was a very metasatiric movie … :)

10. fataltourist says:

Finally! Looks like someone’s been reading my blog.

In my experience Japanese girls don’t need any more of an excuse to wear cat ears. Nor need much of an excuse to do other things that are fun.

And American girls wonder why guys like going to Japan.

Is she giving the black panther salute?

13. Mr_Voodoo says:

I can haz invizible…
    Okay, nevermind.

14. Robert Vinson says:

Ever have this happen: You’ve just put your earbuds in. Noise reduction, of course. Three seconds after you’ve put your media player in your pocket and are in danger of enjoying what you’re listening to, someone comes up to you and appears to be saying something interesting and vital to you. You either take your earbuds out or dig in your pocket to pause and then take your earbuds out. They will invariably act pissed off when you ask them to repeat themselves.

15. Rennykins says:

I wonder if they can ship to the U.S.A. …..

16. Buster37405 says:

Dude… she’s wearing too much clothes. She should have one of those cat tails with the buttplug up her asshole and nothing else.