Customizable ceramic kitchen radio

cearamic-radio-by-studio-lama-6.jpg

Check out this ceramic kitchen radio from the designers at Israel’s Studio Lama. The greatest thing about it is that you could decorate it any way you want.

[via Dezeen]

About Lisa Katayama

I'm a contributing editor here at Boing Boing. I also have a blog (TokyoMango), a book (Urawaza), and I freelance for Wired, Make, the NY Times Magazine, PRI's Studio360, etc. I'm @tokyomango on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Customizable ceramic kitchen radio

so where does the music come out?

2. feedingfashionistas says:

Is the ceramic part unglazed? It looks like it may have a cream/clear glaze, which could be sort of a pita to paint on.

The knobs, though, you could go to town on… Kind of want!

3. withaak says:

How do I favourite on gdgets

4. Gloria says:

@7: Clay, you’re welcome.

5. feedingfashionistas says:

I spoke too soon. Apparently many types of latex, acrylic and oil paints will adhere to glazed ceramic- many will be listed as “ceramic paints”.

BEDAZZLE ON!

6. monstrinho_do_biscoito says:

you know, you can actually decorate anything, anyway you like.

7. Gloria says:

The second I saw this I thought of one of those large plastic bottles you take home for urine samples.

8. Oren Beck says:

Neat- there’s some room for exploiting properties of the material. Like using the radio as a whiteboard with proper wipeable markers. So the cooking person in that kitchen could announce their meal plan…

The design totally reminds me of the Jarvik artificial heart:

10. Clay says:

@Gloria: I was actually quite concerned, as I clicked the comments link, that I would be the only one whose first thought was “urine container.” Thank you.