LG Wristphone on Stephen Fry’s wrist

fry.jpg

The very concept makes it somehow better. [@stephenfry]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to LG Wristphone on Stephen Fry’s wrist

1. J France says:

I was right behind this until, just now, I realised I’d have no idea how to actually hold the thing to make a call. Unless it’s speakerphone, which is instant fail.

2. Zarniwoop says:

Why do they have to mount the screen portrait-wise? Why not landscape? Then you could actually fit a decent screen in there.

3. Aelfscine says:

Seems like it’d be more sensible to make the phone horizontal, so it lays across your arm, rather than vertical and sticking out over your arm.

4. Ronald says:

Blue tooth yes. And allow skins for when not in use to show time with a theme. I want one also as a belt buckle.. actually scratch that last one.. radiation will be too close to my “vitals”

5. andygates says:

Yup. That was the mistake Nokia made with the Internet Tablet series of devices, and why the iPhone killed ‘em (wah – 770 fanboy here). Phone-ness is cool.

This is exactly the kind of device that cries out for a flexible e-ink display, though.

And you know, it’s not *that* much bigger than my HRM…

6. RedShirt77 says:

You all can keep complaining. I’ll take one.

7. HeatherB says:

Not even Dick Tracy’s watch was this big and ugly.

8. Sgt. Cold War says:

Only Fry’s Brobdingnagianly-fat wrist could make such a huge, clunky monstrosity look small and workable.

On you or I it would probably look like a clipboard.

Watch phones are old hat. You can pick up a variety of styles from various vendors of chinese crapgadgets.

10. Reed Savory says:

Am I the only one who thinks this would be 10x cooler (and probably a hell of a lot simpler to make) if instead of a phone itself, it was a Bluetooth-enabled unit you could pair to any cellphone?