Cowhide iPhone case

cowcase.jpg

This most unusual slipcase for iPhones and iPod touches is made from premium cowhide. Each one is unique,but all are $30. [Southern Brand via CrunchGear]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Cowhide iPhone case

1. strider_mt2k says:

Sort of related. Your post reminded me of an exchange at work the other day…

My boss is a master with hides and leatherwork. Upon failing to find a case for his iPod Classic that suited him I suggested he make a custom one for himself out of some really nice Elk or similar hide using a commercially available case as a template.

He looked at me in wonder. -for some reason it hadn’t occurred to him to do one for himself.

He’s a Native American trained extensively in this kind of craft, so I’m really interested to see what he develops for himself now.

@3 Cardinale:

“I am going to buy one of these for every vegan I know”…

…because I am a dick.

3. nnguyen says:

why don’t you guys ever post cool cases for other MP3 players?

4. nnguyen says:

Cardinale: no, I wasn’t being sarcastic. I have never owned any apple products, and it’s disappointing to not see any wonderful news about other brands on this site.

Also, I only did a quick glance before and didn’t notice this is for iPhones and not iPods.

How about some cool cases for Blackberries or Palms?

5. Nicole says:

These would probably be really bad slipcases. If any of you have ever had a belt, shoes or bag made from cowhide you will know what i’m talkig about. It takes very little friction to create bald spots on cowhide, and i would imaging these slipcases are made out of a thin piece of the hide with finer hair. The cases might end up being more delicate than the iphone!

6. Matt says:

Also, check out the store at southernbrand.com – cool vintage t-shirts and cow-hide koozies!

7. cardinale says:

NNGUYEN – What other MP3 players? Are you being sarcastic? :)

But seriously, I am going to buy one of these for every vegan I know!