42 Brompton folding bikes

brompton01.jpg

About Lisa Katayama

I'm a contributing editor here at Boing Boing. I also have a blog (TokyoMango), a book (Urawaza), and I freelance for Wired, Make, the NY Times Magazine, PRI's Studio360, etc. I'm @tokyomango on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 42 Brompton folding bikes

1. Helvis says:

I’ve been to messenger bars where there are twice as many bikes as this locked to the bars on the front of the place… and they take up less ground space… don’t get me wrong… they take up half the side of the building but that’s how the messengers know where they’re drinking that night!

2. roldick says:

@#1: Effecting

3. gwadzilla says:

COOL!

if only it were that simple

4. mattmills says:

there’s room for at least a few more at the edges. too bad they didn’t really pack them in.

5. fyreflye says:

I think the point is that it would do away with 42 cars!

So at £500 each they probably cost more then either car!

7. Kamaal O says:

42 Less Cars.

8. kpkpkp says:

Very space efficient, but good luck getting to any of the 20 interior ones without affecting a domino race.

On the other hand, if they are pool-bikes (shared without regard to personal assignment), this is awesome!