The Venn Diagram of Social Media

Socialven.jpg

Available on a t-shirt for $20.

[via Kevin Kelly]

This entry was posted in myspace. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Venn Diagram of Social Media

1. Blue says:

Stll no ‘report spam’ function here at BBG?

2. your mom says:

stupid.

3. BILL'S FATHER says:

Glad to finally have time to look at this web page. I’ve been busily twittering my time away on Facebook.

Interesting to note:

1. Without looking too hard, I found three other places on this page that invited me to “twitter” about something.

2. Curious about the designer who created this diagram, I saw a copyright notice buried in the art that points me their web site at http://despair.com. (Check it out. It is funny!) Surprise: in the top right corner of their home page is a link to Twitter!

Am I to conclude that the creator of this art is a hard core ADHD with strong narcissistic and stalking tendencies?

To satisfy my need to have someone listen to me (okay, perhaps that is narcissism), I’m going to post these comments so I can get back to Facebook. (While I’ve been writing this post, I’ve had three important posts show up on my Facebook page!)

4. Secret_Life_of_Plants says:

Likewise Facebook is the only one of these that facilitates my ADHD.

5. Rodney says:

“Facebook is for stalking” has been the joke for years. MySpace is for Junior High drama.

Also, tweetstalk is super-creepy. If you have so many stalkees that you can just go to there page, that you have to have a Firefox add-on to do it– I don’t know.

6. LUCKIES83 says:

this diagram is awesome, however I think there is a direct relationship between ADHD and facebook. I would like to add QUBE and Linkedin to the narcisism graph!!

7. RedShirt77 says:

Facebook and Myspace need to be swapped.

The shirt should have a caption under the diagram: “eewwww!!!”

Also, the narcissism bubble should be WAY bigger.

I don’t know about the UK, but narcissism edging onto the side of sociopathy has become uber-rampant in the US. These “services” simply feed the need and enable the trend.

I reiterate: eeewwww!!!

9. Enochrewt says:

Cool shirt, too bad it’ll be obsolete in a year or two when the next facebook/myspace on steroids debuts.

10. Seg says:

MySpace isn’t counted as stalking? I call shenanigans.

11. VanceG says:

I love to have that T-shirt, but {REDACTED} it’s quite expensive. But anyway, I find this Venn Diagram of Social Media really true. Well as you can see nowadays we are more indulge in FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, TWITTER that results to in correlate with egoism as what is stated there. Hmmm, Facebook is not the only site for stalking but Myspace also.