$600 robot hands for hard core hobbyists

robot hands.png

These intricately designed toy robot hands created by Craft House go on sale tomorrow in Japan. They have five jointed fingers that can grab small objects like fruits and ping pong balls. This version is called the Melissa Hands, and they’re the successor to a popular previous version called God’s Hands. If you’re in Japan, you can buy them online for about $600.

[via Impress Watch (Japanese)]

About Lisa Katayama

I'm a contributing editor here at Boing Boing. I also have a blog (TokyoMango), a book (Urawaza), and I freelance for Wired, Make, the NY Times Magazine, PRI's Studio360, etc. I'm @tokyomango on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to $600 robot hands for hard core hobbyists

1. O_M says:

…Otay, enough already with the hands. Give me a below-knee prosthetic leg that’s that cheap that’ll allow me to wiggle my big toe.

2. A former race mechanic says:

If I replace my real hands with these will it improve my holophoner skills?

Cause if not, I don’t want ‘em.

Being able to pick things up is a little more empowering than being able to wiggle your toe..

4. siliconsunset says:

@Dculberson

These are upgrades for a toy.

On top of that, when you’re missing your leg from the knee down you’ll miss things like wiggling your toe. When you lose the ability to do anything you used to do without much thought, getting that ability back is empowering.

SiliconSunset, I know that – O_M brought up prostheses so I was comparing prosthetic hands to prosthetic feet. Personally, I’d rather have hands than feet. Now, I’d MUCH rather have them all, but y’know .. if I had to choose kind of thing.

6. RedShirt77 says:

How are these at piano?

7. Dean Putney says:

But will they hold me lovingly?