Photos of Steve Jobs and his new Nano

IMG_0192a.JPG

Here are a few pics of Steve Jobs announcing the new Nano and its sweet new features at this morning’s Apple event, taken with my G10. (Not bad for a point-and-shoot!)

IMG_0188b.JPG

This is what the Genius Mixes will look like.

IMG_0186d.JPG

This was from a demo of the new video camera on the Nano. The resolution is awesome, but a quick hands-on after the announcement revealed what in my opinion is a pretty big design flaw — the camera is right behind the control pad, which means you really have to make an effort not to cover the lens with your fingers while shooting.

IMG_0196c.JPG

This is a screen shot from a new ad, which you’ll probably see on TV soon.

About Lisa Katayama

I'm a contributing editor here at Boing Boing. I also have a blog (TokyoMango), a book (Urawaza), and I freelance for Wired, Make, the NY Times Magazine, PRI's Studio360, etc. I'm @tokyomango on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Photos of Steve Jobs and his new Nano

1. haineux says:

Hey BILLLAKE50, there are bluetooth earbuds. Etymotic makes, apparently, a pretty good pair.

Except for the fact that they are quite expensive, and their excellent drivers cannot really make up for the fact that bluetooth audio is not exceptionally hi-fi.

But hey, if the cord REALLY bugs you, you can spend $130 and get these. Or get their 6i model, with a cord, for $70.

2. Have the previous Gen and think its great! Would a radio and video camera make me upgrade? probably not…

3. O_M says:

…iPod Nano. Just say na-NO!

4. Hami says:

I was expectin cameras in iPod Touch .. did we got it ?

5. Joe says:

This really needs the ability to shoot still images. The camera on my phone is awful, and i don’t always feel like lugging around my dslr.

6. Chris S says:

Much as the “camera behind control pad” has its problems, I suspect the thickness of the screen electronics and the thinness of the Nano made this inevitable.

Perhaps the way around this is to adopt a horizontal approach with the Nano, and hold the edges only with fingers, pushing the buttons with the thumb.

If Apple *really* has their stuff together, then plugging in a pair of the those headphones with a remote on the line will give you a “remote control” for your video camera.

7. Seamus says:

@dculberson: Winamp is free and works well with iPods.

O_M: The Nano is a really nice MP3 player. The portability is incredible. My only beef with it is using iTunes to load it up; I really don’t like iTunes.

9. billlake50 says:

Why are there no bluetooth ear buds? I hate having that tether wire hanging down in front of me all the time

10. BritSwedeGuy says:

So now we’ll also be annoyed by tinny video on the bus and train rather than tinny audio?