Peek lifetime subscriptions return

peek3.jpg

Peek’s selling lifetime subscriptions again. $300 gets you the email-only handset and the WWAN hookup it needs, for ever. To demythologize that a little–let’s say lifetime is 5 years–that’s about $5 a month, or a third of the normal price. Great for people who hate bills, give gifts, or stay loyal to their gadgets. [Peek]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Peek lifetime subscriptions return

1. Rob Beschizza says:

Don’t know. Talking to them on thursday, will ask.

No! I will keep my Peek functioning forever and never pay for wireless email again! 2072, here we come!

3. Chris S says:

Rob;

If you’re chatting, can you ask them about Canada? It’s a two-part question – one is native subscriptions, and the other is roaming. (I care about the native part, but I think many current Peek owners would be interested in how far they can roam. Any hints as to a Canadian timeline would be fantastic – but also, any hints as to structural blocks to Canadian deployment would be good to know about as well.

4. exhilaration says:

Is it locked to a handset or can you transfer it to a new unit?

5. elix says:

As a Canadian, I would get my hands on one pretty much day 1 if they came out up here. I use my phone just for text anyway, so it wouldn’t be much of a jump to go to a Peek.

6. Chris S says:

Rob;

Any update from speaking to Peek?

7. Lauren says:

Yep, lifetime plan is tied to the device, similar to tivo. Peek is also offering lifetime plan upgrade for existing devices at $250.