Snap-on bottle top for soda cans

P36767_500.jpg

The more you think about it, the less sense it makes.

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Snap-on bottle top for soda cans

1. mudpup says:

I’ll give you a reason.
    Mustache hair and pull tab = pain!

Wow. I guess I now actually can put a nipple on that beer I have been nursing all night.

3. the_case says:

These are essential for drinking while white water rafting. I used to have to chug my beer down before hitting splashy rapids. Now I don’t worry about river water getting in my beer!

4. cubby96 says:

I use these while drinking beer out of 500mL cans during disc golf. It’s useful because I can put the open but now sealed can in the cupholder on my bag and carry it during a round without worrying about spilling any. I assume the same usefulness applies to regular golf and other less strenuous outdoor activities. It also keeps the top of my cans clean until I open them.

One warning: if you don’t drink much when you first open a can, then agitate the can with the cap on (i.e. walk around with it in your bag) for a few minutes, it can blow the Snap Capp off in a rather loud and spectacular fashion.

5. nehpetsE says:

MudPup- Yer doin it wrong!

Keystone beet did this a while back. They also had a stein snap on handle and top. Much better.

7. siliconsunset says:

First off, energy drinks are right out.

The whole reason I used the snap caps was because I was in an active environment in the middle of nowhere and I wanted to make sure I could finish my drink without losing any or ending up with a mouth full of leaves/gravel/grass/etc. If you do anything remotely active which using them, they pop off from the pressure. Worse, at lower levels they just leak all over the place. A number of times I was lulled into the false sense of safety, only to realize that I had ENERGY leaked all over my bag/coveralls. Boo.

8. funkyderek says:

I can see that they might occasionally be useful, but would anybody really need 12 of them?

9. Ito Kagehisa says:

These should be great for surreptious beer drinking.

You put a foam huggy on the can (I like to use my official aquamarine Gitmo huggy) and snap one of these things on the top, and Voila! you can openly consume the barley-pop of your choice.

Just don’t get close enough to Officer Friendly for him to smell your breath… always good advice, even when you’re not drinking beer.

10. Brandon West says:

Yeah, this is really stupid. Just buy bottles instead of cans.

11. Not a Doktor says:

I bet you will loose the bottle cap quickly.

Also we just put the beer in colored or opaque nalgene bottles.

12. Halloween Jack says:

You just have to know that the seal will fail when you’re wearing your favorite shirt.

13. Yurko says:

Good for road trips. cans of soda fit in coolers easier than bottles, and it removes the possibility of spills when drinking out of cans.

14. igpajo says:

If you have any kids in the house you shouldn’t have to ask why you’d need a set of 12. Within a week you’d only have 6 or so left.

Bacteria from the top of the can is now incorporated into your drink. Taste the difference!

16. Hel says:

I got one at Bed Bath & Beyond, thinking it would be great for the free sodas constantly being given away on my campus. It worked great, about a half dozen times, then started leaking from where it fits on the can rim.

17. cubby96 says:

@ Brandon West #18
    “Yeah, this is really stupid. Just buy bottles instead of cans.”

Aluminum is lighter than glass, and compacts easily when empty. There are numerous situations where it is a preferable choice.

Not everyone uses these for beverages that are also sold in plastic. Just try finding a drinkable (non-swill) beer sold in plastic bottles. Let me know how that works out.

18. pelrun says:

@Anonymous:

Bacteria from the top of the can? You *do* know you put your mouth on that when drinking from the can normally, right?

19. Michelle says:

This is for people who want to recycle aluminum, but are too accustomed to non-spilling plastic and have become so uncoordinated that without this set of 12 (to be put on a 12 pack of whatever before you stick it in the fridge) they would end up wearing their soda or all important energy drink.

20. slowblinker says:

I actually got one of these right from the vendor when they first came out (was at a trade show). They worked great but after awhile the edge started to chip off and subsequently became useless. Hopefully they have revisited the rigidity of the material and have made it more flexible.

21. johninsapporo says:

I think this is a brilliant idea. Not for Coca Cola, but for beer! Especially in Japan where they have 500ml cans. I quite often get through half of one of those and that’s enough, but if I put the can in the fridge, it’ll be flat in the morning. I would buy a set.

Nice idea