5-in-1 USB charger handles iPod, PSP, DS and GBA

5-in-1-charger.jpg

This quintuple-headed USB charging cable could eliminate a whole USB hub from my desktop setup. Each prong charges a different gadget: a PSP, Nintendo DS, GBA or iPod, with a Mini-USB nub for PSP syncing. It's hard to get excited about cabling, and in truth, I'm not at all excited by this, but the efficiency of not having to untangle cords and trace their slitherings to the proper connector appeals to me, especially for $14.00.

5 in 1 USB Charging and Data-Sync Cable
[Gadget 4 All via Coolest Gadgets]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 5-in-1 USB charger handles iPod, PSP, DS and GBA

1. strider_mt2k says:

Just don’t go charging all your toys at once!

I don’t even know if a powered hub could cope.

2. kerry says:

Since it has the charging tip for PSP, that means it can also charge a Sony Reader. I have a two-headed PSP usb/power dealie for charging my Reader. I could replace it with this for even lighter packing, since it would also replace my iPod/iPhone cable *and* my DS charger. Score!
    Of course, looking back on what I just wrote I feel embarrassed for all my nerdliness. So, really, buying this cable would just solidify my status as beyond dorky, and therefore I can’t go anywhere near it.

3. Alison Scott says:

I have an earlier version of this hub which I keep in the car to charge my iPhone and Nintendo DS, and it’s a lovely thing. It charges two items at once with no trouble. My version doesn’t have mini-USB; which would allow me to charge my BlackBerry as well.

4. Brice says:

Wow. This is great.

5. acb says:

I have one of these; I bought it a few months ago from one of the Hong Kong-based cablemongers who frequent eBay. It is quite useful, especially when travelling. I wish it had a Palm T3 attachment, though.

I haven’t tried charging more than one gadget at once; I suspect that what would happen would be that the gadgets wouldn’t get enough juice to charge.

6. musicalwoods says:

Seeing things like this cable make me think that companies just need to standardize their charging ports around USB. Having to have cables such as this is ridiculous. Having separate cables for each when you travel would be moreso.

7. airship says:

My Nokia phone has a standard mini-jack for charging. Of course, it has a separate proprietary jack for connectivity. Still, it would be sweet if everyone just used the mini-jack and a standard voltage/polarity for charging.

Just a heads up, the cable is sold @ dealextreme.com for $7.52 and shipping is only 1 penny….. -rc

9. steeef says:

My Motorola phone also has a mini-USB port for charging, but it doesn’t charge unless the Windows driver is installed on the PC I’m plugging it into. Lame.