LG's wrist-phone coming to CES

wristphone1.jpg

Dick Tracy donned his wrist-radio in 1946. More than sixty years on, LG finally has one to sell us.

The LG-GD910 has a HSDPA radio, a 1.43-inch color touchscreen LCD display, text-to-speech, and an MP3 player. It'll be at CES, and we will most certainly be taking a look.

LG introduces 3G HSDPA wrist phone [Electronista and Akihabara News]

About Rob Beschizza

Follow Rob @beschizza on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to LG's wrist-phone coming to CES

It’s a cool concept, one I would like to have, but I could see it getting old for me.

Plus, it probably doesn’t help that I don’t wear watches.

2. pewma says:

Looks great! My inner dorkus has been wanting one of these for a while but the ones that are out are just too big to wear.

3. billgrove says:

I have an iPhone. I love my iPhone. I want that watch! I think I would have to simply add a line to AT&T and have them both! Look like a dork? YEP! Care? NOPE!

Bill

4. Rossifumi says:

YES!!! I can finally talk to my car.

YES!!! That being on my wrist is gonna make phone sex so cool!

YES!!! People will be dropping their lunch trays left and right whilst they flip their wrist to see who’s calling.

NO!!! Probably cost more than my iHackPhone

5. TJ S says:

ROSSIFUMI – The future, it has arrived.

6. Squiggle says:

Woo! Yay!

I’ve been promising to buy myself a watch phone as soon as one is released that isn’t way too bulky. As a cyclist, this phone has the potential to be genuinely useful!

Please let it be good.

What about radiation from the phone? Is it shielded in some way to make it safe to have on your wrist all the time?

8. Felix Mitchell says:

I assume you have to take the watch off to hold a conversation on it? Why’s there no picture of someone using the product?

Why not just make a bluetooth watch that connects to the phone in your bag/pocket?