Video: Neil Strauss makes a knife from a cigarette

Neil Strauss has a new book, "Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life", which reveals the secrets of people who in a hypothetical apocalypse will be roasting your femur over oil barrels. He made this video showing how to make a knife from a cigarette for Danger Room. Too bad my cigarettes use cotton filters.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Video: Neil Strauss makes a knife from a cigarette

1. johnnyaction says:

This is much better with the goat disturbing things.

2. Enochrewt says:

Eh, how did that cut the paper? perpendicular to the direction he stroked you say? Now that’s a knife!

Kudos to the goat on the catch…

3. hohum says:

Ooo, are we stuck in italics today!

This video makes me want to get a goat. When the hypothetical apocalypse comes, I’m going to need something to entertain me. I think goat will work perfectly.

Thanks,

In one video post, you’ve convinced me not to waste money buying his book.

Congrats.

5. mdh says:

I’ll take a cotton filter over a plastic and fiberglass one any day.

6. Enochrewt says:

#3: I had a pet goat and believe me, they’re more trouble than they’re worth. The novelty of having a goat perched on top of the roof of my car during a blinding snowstorm was far outweighed by the annoyance of having hoof prints chipped out of the paint.

And don’t get me wrong, I will try and make a knife out of cigarette filter because of this video, snarky internet comments aside.

7. nixiebunny says:

Today’s take-home messages:

1. Plastic can be melted and formed into any shape you please.

2. Goats don’t eat cigarette lighters, although they eat just about everything else.

8. superrobot says:

Video: Neil Strauss has a goat

9. mdh says:

Me too, next time I need a shiv.

10. wrybread says:

I think South x Southwest is bad for BoingBoing gadgets…

As someone who contributes absolutely nothing to this blog but takes takes takes multiple times per day, I DEMAND MORE POSTS!

Sorry about that, couldn’t resist.

11. Jack says:

That goat is more interesting that Neil Strauss.

Also:

I had a pet goat and believe me, they’re more trouble than they’re worth.

Amen to that brother!

12. galapaghost says:

people who carry cigarettes clearly aren’t too concerned with surviving.

13. Coho says:

Or you could just break the glass and use that. The goat gets the idea.

14. fataltourist says:

I’m assuming the goat ate the knife before they could get a close up shot.

15. thechicgeek says:

Maybe if I had a goat, I could have it trim my lawn. Also, I’d get goat cheese. Delicious goat cheese.

Shiv’s are cool too, but not as cool as goats.

16. OM says:

…Well, if you can do that with a hard filter cigarette, then it finally answers the question of whether it’s a wise thing to give a Tiparillo to a lady.

That’s not a knife, now this is a knife!

18. AirPillo says:

That’s not a knife, now this is a knife!

That’s not a knife, that’s a spoon.

19. nutbastard says:

“people who carry cigarettes clearly aren’t too concerned with surviving.”

because smokers are all just trying to commit suicide but are too stupid to come up with a more efficient method…. riiiiight.