CableDrop

wodge.jpg

As grotesque as paying $10 for one would be, I know without a second thought that a bagful of CableDrops would make life easier, fitter, happier. Tape? Never stays sticky. A wodge of plastitac? Too tasty.

CableDrop
[BlueLounge via Red Ferret Journal]

About Rob Beschizza

Follow Rob @beschizza on Twitter.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to CableDrop

1. HeatherB says:

I seriously had to do a double take on those when I saw them. They look very naughty.

2. clockbound says:

CableDrop: making your life more sensuous.

Thrill as your cables are delicately enveloped in the warm embrace of the CableDrop.

4. Michael says:

CamelToe?

5. cubey says:

I often use a paperclip taped to the edge of my desk for this. They work fine, but they’re so declass√ɬ©. These look pretty nifty.

6. Tovi says:

They’re $10 for 6 of them, so its actually not that bad.

A bag full is closer than you think. The $10 is for a pack of 6, not a single.

CableToe!

9. danilo says:

3M has a solution I find superior:

I love those things. Dirt cheap, easy to use, very flexible. They make my cabling so damn tidy. I keep one of the small clips affixed to my nightstand so that my iPhone cable stays easily found for night time charging.

They also don’t look like a vulva, which is either a pro or con, depending on what your cable needs are.

10. grimc says:

Tape? Never stays sticky. A wodge of plastitac? Too tasty.

A standard office stapler, placed on top of the cables? Perfect.

11. LiquidOC says:

Just use a rather large binder clip, clipped onto the end of the desk, remove one of the arms, run your cable through it, and re-insert it back onto the clip. Great solution, you can even tie it in a knot onto the arm if there’s not a magnet or other large thing for the binder clip to grab onto.

I’m pretty sure that was on here a while ago, though…….

12. xzzy says:

You know those plastic tabs they use to close the bags on loaves of bread at the store? You can staple those along the back edge of your desk and get this same type of cable management.. basically for free, due to the fact that everyone has bread in their house.

I doubt it would be too hard to rig up some kind of device that would offer all the benefits without having to deface your furniture.

A wodge of plastitac? Right-o, old bean, pip-pip, cheerio!

(Wogs start at Calais, you know.)

14. Black Jack says:

A big bag of Shapelock should do the trick.

They say you can soak white Shapelock in Ritt to get different colors, but I haven’t tried it; I just bought strips of Friendly Plastic when I needed a black part.

It’s nice, though, that these are 100% identical.

I might have talked myself into buying some.

15. Rob Beschizza says:

Jolly good.

Jolly good indeed. That’s why we love you, Rob!

Actually, the oddest thing about reading britticisms (speaking as a wog here) is often the incredibly variable meaning of “pound”.

“Oh, she’s cute, I’d take her out for a pound!”